Is and of The


I'm ashamed to say I'd never heard of Is and of The until I woke up to a track of theirs in my mail box this morning. The track I'm referring to is called The Past Inside the Present and it belongs to the Handpainted Glow EP which was released just over a month ago via Mush Records.

I don't think the track could have been paired with a more suitable name, because the music I'm hearing is completely mind-bending. You can't really stick a label on this but if you were to call it anything it'd be highly experimental. Everything is textured and layered so beautifully, there's vocals on this but the way they're used is to an instrumental effect which I absolutely love; they ripple over the guitar and synth to create something pretty wonderful. And I can't stop listening.

The rest of the EP is just as brilliant, and it's safe to say that this is easily one of the most intelligent pieces of music I've heard in a while; music that cannot be ignored for sure. Watch the video for The Past Inside the Present below, then go and get the EP here.

Is and of The Soundcloud


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?