Anomaly




This is on another level, it comes from Anomaly, an artist who unfortunately I don't actually know anything about except that this track of theirs Rush Hour was released a couple of days ago via a pretty reliable English label called Sick Music Records.

It kind of matches my sudden and current obsession with synth-fueled, pop-inspired records because instrumentally, it sounds a bit M83-ish. But there's something about the girls voice singing this which is completely hypnotic. Like I feel embarrassed tagging this as synth-pop cause the voice adds another dimension that kind of makes me think that using the word pop in any shape or form to describe this record completely undermines how good it is. The good news is that you can buy this immediately by clicking here

P.S. this is the first thing I've bought on iTunes in about 3 years, so enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?